Press "Enter" to skip to content

Posts published in “Where is it?”

Another piece of the old City Hall


When they demolished this 1886 structure in 1970 they saved or reused many pieces in other places.  We’ve highlighted several of them in the “Where is it?” feature in the…

Pre-1880 Street Names


  Anyone who has done any study of local history knows that the current system of naming streets wasn’t always in place.  We can thank Mayor Thomas Bennett for establishing…

Garfield Arch in the Arboretum


The beautiful stone arch in Hayes Arboretum on the west side of the park and visible from Elks Country Club Road is one of those little mysteries around Richmond. The arch…