Pictured here is the old City Hall which was located on the east side of North 5th Street just north of Main. It was built in 1886 and, like its predecessor, had a fire station attached. The City Hall entrance was up the steps and under the more ornate arch, and the two arched openings on the left, or north, side of this image were the entrances to Hose House Number 2. This building was torn down in 1970 after our current Municipal Building came into use.
The sign featured in this week’s ‘Where is it?’ can be seen better in this image: