Press "Enter" to skip to content

Christmas from Richmond’s Past

Gaar Scott Christmas
Merry-go-round store

This card dates from the late 1920s.  The Cut Rate Shoe Store opened in 1926 and changed its name to Brown-bilt Shoe Store in 1929.  One of its prime features was the separate children’s shoe store in the basement, the Merry-Go-Round Shoe Shop, specializing in Buster Brown shoes.  

Dickinson Trust Christmas ad

Dickinson Trust built the building on the northwest corner of 8th and Main, now US Bank.

Leave a Reply